Steps Followed While Playing Texas Holdem Poker
The betting structure in this game varies, some time antes are used and some times the game starts with two players to the left of the dealer. These players place a predetermined amount of money before the game starts. This event is called as posting the blinds. Once the bets are placed dealer shuffles up 52(Standard deck) playing cards. At this movement each player is dealt two face-down cards, these two cards are called as hole or pocket cards. Once players have two cards in their hand next round begins. In this round, players place their bets. The first bet is placed by the player who sits left of the two players who posted the blinds. This round is called pre-flop.
- The betting structure depends on the game an individual is playing.
- While placing bets, players can raise, bet, call or fold.
- Once the betting round ends, the dealer discards the top card of the deck. This card is called a burn card. This card is discarded to prevent cheating by players.
- Once the highest rank card is discarded, the dealer flips the next three cards on the table. These cards are dealt face up and are called the flop. These three cards are communal cards and can be used by any player in combination with their two pocket cards, for forming a poker hand.
- After the flop, another betting round starts. This time the bet is placed by the player who sits to the left of the dealer.Once the betting ends, the dealer burns another card and flips one card on the table. This card is called a turn card; this card can be used by players to form their five-card poker hand.
- Again the betting starts, this time with the player who is left to the dealer. At this stage, the betting’s get doubled.
- Finally, in the last stage, the dealer burns a card and flips one more card on the table. This card is called a river. Once the card is placed players can use a combination of any of those five cards on the table and two pocket cards to form the best five-card hand. Here the final betting round takes place starting with the player left to the dealer.
- After this betting, all players begin to reveal their hands. It starts with the player who is left to the last player to call. This event is called a showdown. Players use the whole combination of these seven cards and make the best five cards hand.
- The player who shows the best hand is declared as the winner, some times tie occurs between the players, at this time the dealer comes in and flips one more card on the table and checks the card combination of those players. A player with the highest-ranking card is finally declared as the winner at this place.