Which slot machines pay off the best?
Slot machines at online casinos contain a “Random Number Generator” (RNG), which is simply a computer chip that constantly spits out numbers. These random numbers correspond to positions on the reels in the online casino’s slot machine. When you push the “Spin” button, what you are really doing is telling the computer to select one of the numbers. Then the online casino slot machine moves the reels to correspond to the number you picked. Like roulette, where every spin of the wheel is completely random and independent, one push of a “slot machine" “Spin” button is completely random and independent of the previous. It all depends on the precise moment that you push the “Spin” button and which set of random numbers you select.
Pushing the “Spin” button a 100th of a second later would yield a totally different result. Below are some important facts to consider when playing online casino slot machines: Because each push on the machine is independent, a slot machine is never “due to hit”. A slot machine can go for days without a decent payout, however, there is no reason it can not have several large payouts in a short period of time. Playing faster on your favorite online slot machine will not increase the chances of winning. The number of coins you play will not influence the numbers that are picked.
However, it does make a difference if you are playing for a jackpot. Let us look at an example. If a slot machine has 10 symbols on each reel, and there are two “blank” positions between each symbol, that is 30 positions on each reel. This three-reel slot machine gives 27,000 (30 X 30 X 30) possible results that you can get each time that you play. Some of these combinations will give smaller payouts, but there is only a 1 in 27,000 chance that you will choose the combination of numbers that will hit the jackpot.
One important point with slot machines in general, both online and land-based, is that they are set up with different payback percentages and hit frequencies. Slot machines that pay off frequently are referred to as being “loose”. However, “loose” is not always a good thing if you are looking for a big jackpot.
If a slot machine has a high payback percentage, like 98%, but also has a high hit frequency, you will generally end up with many small payouts but few big ones. If you are looking for a big jackpot, then the best slot machines are those with a high payback percentage and a lower hit frequency.
Below is a list of factors to pay attention to when playing slot machines. As a rule, slot machines are the most popular form of gaming in online casinos as well as land-based casinos.
1. Find online slot machines that payout between 95 and 99 per cent and only play those. These are usually higher coin slot machines. Studies have shown that $5 or higher machines have the highest range of percentage payouts. The payouts then decline as a general rule as the slot machines become less expensive — from $1 machines followed by 50-cent machines, 25-cent machines, and 5-cent machines.
2. Because the progressive jackpot machines are programmed to produce a higher number of reels and symbols, slot machine players are better off playing the flat rate slot machines found rather than progressive slot machines.
3. Always play the maximum number of coins. The only way you can hit the jackpot on a slot machine is by playing the maximum number of coins. You will notice this when you look at the payout table on the slot machine. This is the reason that many recreational slot machine players do not pay the $1 or $5 slot machines.
4. I suggest that you do not play multiple-pay line slot machines. Although it seems like you have better odds when playing these slot machines, the payout rates are generally not as good as single-pay line slots machines.
5. Know when to stop. Discipline is necessary when gambling, regardless of which game you are playing. Decide how you will handle your winnings and losses ahead of time. If you get ahead, you may decide to pocket the winnings and just play with the original bankroll.
6. As mentioned previously, play the highest denomination slot machines that fit into your bankroll — As a rule, the higher the denomination, the higher the percentage of payout on slot machines. Typically, dollar slot machines return on average 95% with quarter slot machines returning 93% and nickel slot machines 90%.
7. As a rule, a slot machine’s payout rate can change. All reel-type online slot machines contain variant programming. This means the slot machine can pay out several percentage points above and below its standard payout percentage. By this, I mean, if a slot machine is programmed to pay out 96%, there will be times when it pays at 93% and other times when it pays at 98%. This explains why the same online slot machine can treat you good sometimes and badly other times.
8. Test every slot machine you play by playing a certain number of “Spins” and gauge how the slot machine is responding. After you have played on a certain slot machine for a while, stop and tally what the slot machine has paid out. If you are not breaking even, it is time to change slot machines.
9. Determine for yourself whether a slot machine is “loose”. It varies among online casinos. Just because a casino says their slot machines are “loose” does not mean they are a good bet. Notice the payout percentages among slot machines, then decide for yourself whether a certain slot machine has an attractive payout or not.
10. Develop a 6th sense when it comes to online slot machines. You need to get a feel for the slot machines that are offered by the online casino before you decide which one to play. Try out different slot machines each time you play online.
11. As a rule, do not pick a favorite online slot machine. This can often be bad because if a slot machine is treating you badly then you will have a harder time switching to another.